Monday, February 8, 2010

a blogger is born...

I have wanted to start a blog for such a long time.

At least ten years, just kidding.

I am at a strange point in my life, where there are so many things I want to do and accomplish, but weighing them against what it will cost and what it means I will give up has caused such a huge delay. Maybe this "delay" is a gift, like Pastor Bryan preached about on Sunday. My mom keeps telling me I can't see what a gift I have in being able to stay home with Miss Maddy. I know I take it for granted. So maybe this delay is a gift, the gift of delayed gratification so I can learn to enjoy the gratification that wakes up asking for milk every morning, or for me to sing the same song over and over. Maybe I'm not giving up dreams and ambitions, but allowing them to grow.

So if you'd like, join me on this journey of learning to grow, learning to be patient, and somehow learning to lose the annoying fear of failure.

Let the failing begin! Blog world here I come!

love,
jill

3 comments:

miked. said...

Jill-E-O,

Do work, girl! I love the title, the look and the thought. I will join you on your journey.

Julie Kay said...

Yay for blogging! I just started in late November and I love it. It's so fun to look back and it's wonderful for faraway friends and family. Have fun with it!

Natalie B said...

Good for you! Keep it up!

Post a Comment