Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It won't be like this for long.

Photo by Jennifer Jacobson Photography

We're at that stage where she (Maddy) just never stops talking.

Ever. There is never a quiet or dull moment when she is around.

Here are a few of our recent conversations...

Me: "Maddy its snowing outside!! Hurry!"
Open the door and walk outside. Maddy looks down at her shirt as the snowflakes begin to gather on her sleeve.
Maddy: "WASH IT OFF!!"
And back inside we went.

Me: "Maddy can you count the cars as we go by?"
Maddy: "One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seben, Eight, Night, Ten, Eleben"
First off, I have no idea where she learned to count! Secondly, we might need to work on her "v" sound.

As we are driving to church she yells, "IT'S TRYING TO GET ME!"
Me: "What is trying to get you???"
Maddy: "MY DRESS IS TRYING TO GET ME!"

Anytime you ask her to do anything that she remotely is not interested in, you will get this answer: "Maybe later."

At her 2 year check up:
Maddy: (crying) "I ready to go, I ready to go. No Doctor..."
Doctor: "Hey Maddy. It's okay. I'm just going to listen to your back with this stethoscope. Can you say stethoscope?"
Maddy: "Steth-scope. I ready to go. No Doctor..."
Doctor: "Welllll, I guess you can."

I had a horrible headache yesterday, thank you Texas for your extremely high pollen count, but Maddy really wanted to go play outside for a little bit.
Me: "Maddy, Momma has a headache. Will you pray for me?"
She climbs off of her slide, walks over to where I'm sitting, and puts her hand on my head.
Maddy: "Heal Momma's head, make the ache go away. Aaaaamen!"



The thing I hate most, is that there are 10 trillion moments just like these that I never want to forget, but how in the world can you remember them all? And the thing that I hate even more than that, is that its not going to be like this for long...




Please enjoy this very depressing moment with me, and thank you Darius Rucker for writing this song. It absolutely describes every feeling, emotion, or word I could use to describe where I am with Madeline Presley.

Maddy, thank you for being such a complete jabberwocky. Thank you for singing Itsy Bitsy Spider, Old McDonald, The Barney Theme Song, The Elmo Theme Song, and Five Little Ducks to me at least 100 times each day. I love how you can make me smile in an instant by asking, "I hold you?" or "Thank you very much!" You're vocabulary, although I am not sure where half of it comes from, has been such a gift and joy to hear. I love you, and please try to grow slower.

love,
momma.


1 comment:

Julie Kay said...

Oh, I feel ya Jill! Your Maddy is just adorable. Don't be depressed too long over the moments you'll forget. Just be sure and enjoy them as they come!

Post a Comment