Thursday, March 10, 2011

THINGS I LOVE...

Hello Thursday! We are in the great state of Oklahoma for a few days and so I thought I would get back on the horse and start blogging again!

My biggest problem with blogging right now is that I want every blog to be life changing :) BUT I know that's not possible and so I stare at the screen trying to come up with something monumental to type and when that doesn't happen I just quit.

So today, I'm trying something new, the things I love right now. Now remember, these are just opinions so don't go all crazy on me if you don't agree!

First off, I love my new Nikon D3100... it is absolutely aaaaamaazing! Not only does it capture incredibly crisp pictures, it records video in HD! I love when a device is a 2-in-1 combination and cuts down on the things you have to carry around. I'm still learning all of the functions and options that this camera offers, but once I've got it down I'll be posting a lot of pictures!


Secondly, I'm really loving my new Little Peacock Hats. Makes me want to have a new little baby just to be able to use one of these little pretties... I should have the rest of these posted on my Etsy site by this weekend.




Thirdly, Virgil's Cream Soda. Wow. I love Cream Soda (in our house they're referred to as "cold ones," it just makes them a little more dangerous. haha) but this brand is far superior to any brand I have ever drank. I can't find it in Dallas yet, so I like to stock up when I'm home. Maddy and I just made a "cold one" run earlier this morning. You can look them up here at Virgil's




Fourthly (that looks so funny), small groups. We just started our fourth semester of small groups at Northplace Church. I look forward to it every week! We have been so blessed with such amazing groups and this semester raises the bar even more. We come together to eat, fellowship, eat more, enjoy our new arbor and fire pit, eat some more, and then pray. What more could you ask for? If you've never experienced a small group, you really should. I have built so many new friendships and memories that wouldn't have been possible without this environment.

Lastly, I'm really enjoying this little lady right now. She just turned 3 at the end of January, and it is so much fun to watch her grow up every day (a little depressing too...). She wakes up every morning pretty much right around 8 a.m. and asks for chocolate milk and a show, then the rest of a day she is on the go. We are becoming quite the best friends too. We like to say, "I love you" to each other at least 100 times a day!




She's really into riding her scooter, catching bugs with her butterfly net, and anything imaginary. She tells me about her sister Addi coming over daily, and as we drive down the road she likes to point out where her friends live. Her imagination is so big, makes me miss being a kid again. I love to catch her playing pretend or talking to her little dolls, it's just so cute.

She is so loving, animated, free spirited, and loves to sing more than anything (wonder where she got that? Definitely not me!).

But right now she would give anything for a puppy. We hear the pleas for one at least a couple times a day. I asked her if she would rather have a little brother/sister or a puppy and she replied, "I reeeeally want two puppies!" It's still a big "no" from both Bear and I though. There are days where we start to consider it, and then we come back to reality and realize how insane our schedules are!

Her daddy and I are more than in love with her. She completes us in a way we never knew were possible. We are enjoying being parents more than ever. Maddy keeps us highly entertained, on our toes, and humbled to have the opportunity to help mold this precious little girl into what she'll be one day...

That's about it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! I'm off to play babies with a demanding 3 year old who has had enough of me sitting here typing.


Talk to you very soon (finger's crossed),

2 comments:

Julie Kay said...

First of all, way jealous of your new camera!
Secondly, the peacock hats make me want to have a baby.
Thirdly, I had to laugh aloud at your "cold ones".
Fourthly, we have participated in small groups for about three years now and absolutely love it. Our latest small group is several couples we would not have normally paired ourselves with (just because we don't know them) but it has been awesome getting to know them!
Lastly, I love hearing parenting updates from other parents with little ones. It's so fun to watch them grow and know we are not alone in raising children of God!
Keep on keepin' on with the blogging. Even if it's not earth shattering stuff, your readers will still enjoy it!

Julie Kay said...

OH! And, I forgot to say...I LOVE the new design on your blog. Yellow and grey is one of my most recent top fav color combos.

Post a Comment